Monday, March 26, 2007

Robbie McDougall-Self Titled...Canadian Lalo Axelrod?Or imposter fragrance?


I can't remember where I scored this?It was either the Record Troll's dungeon of delightful digs or the dollar bin at "that place"I am always bitching about.Anyways I kinda like it.I'm a sucker for unclassifiable,cinematic music.It's got some moments, nothing you would play outside of your personal listening space.There's times that it has an Axelrod/Schifrin minus the burly drums sound.I think this is supposed to be a gospel record and it may be Canadian in origin,Which would explain it all(soree a-boot that ay?c'mon I love Canada! they have democratically elected leaders,bomb ass,legal chronic and don't bomb the bejeezus out smaller countries for oil!)I may have to relocate there if shit here gets too hairy,hide your wax you maple syrup,hockey lovin'(insert your own Canadian stereotype here)-------,assed,motherfuckers!.....
Not to stray from the subject,but how is it Canadian presses of american released records are always cheaper than the american pressings?I got a copy of Dennis Coffey 's Back Home and Tonto's Expanding Head Band's Zero Time for $5.00 a piece because some old,skulleted,Nazareth freak who was selling em' said "they were Canadian"?They didn't sound like a shitty press.Maybe the old,skulleted,Nazareth freak needed some meth money and blaming the cheap price on Canada made sense,Who knows?.I might be coming to Canada sooner than I think.
Anyways ,let me know what you think good people and keep in mind the subtitle beneath the Dollar Bin says"FROM TURD TO TREASURE"treasure to some turd to others.


http://www.mediafire.com/a0ztjk0ghtr

4 comments:

thebeathunters said...

axelrod? well maybe i'm just not in the mood to really dig it..

Anonymous said...

Like I said"Treasure to some,Turd to others"Me personally I dig it.it by no means is a solid listen but there are 2 seconds of gold on every record made,there is like 2 tracks that straight bite some Axelrod horn arrangements.I just wanted to throw it out there to see what would muck up about it,Czechmate really thinks it's dope.

Anonymous said...

He's crazy,I think he wants to fight you.

Admin said...

Finna see what's good with this one... Coolness..